• South-West view

    South-West view

  • Outdoor heated swiming-pool

    Outdoor heated swiming-pool

  • Our Mascot

    Our Mascot

  • 15 ha english styled parc

    15 ha english styled parc

  • East view

    East view

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

History

Let’s go back to 1873, when it was the birth of the town of the Membrolle,under the will of Ernest Henri Martell who was its mayor until 1900 and he was at the origin of the building of the current castle in 1864.

Finally, in 1918, the castle was acquired by Gaston Cousin who, with Madame Dumontier specialized themselves in the pharmaceutical preparations and particularly "La Jouvence de l’Abbé Soury".



Aubriere was a fief as soon as the 12nd century , and depended of the one of Lavare. The latter stretched over 74 hectares.

The Aubriere name comes from a family, The Aubry’s,who the dictionnary of Indre et Loire of Carré de Busserolle quotes in 1292 : Hubert, Aubry, Ecuyer, and in 1435 ; Jean Aubry, Chevalier. During the French Revolution, The owner was Pierre Cormery,a Justice of the Peace and a national property manager.

We find again on the coat of arms of the North side of the current castle , the reproduction of their own coat of arms, with in festoon, the following quote : " Sicut Fortis Equus ",which highlights the noblest conquest of the man : the horse.

It is in the Aubriere castle that Jacques Feydeau composes his vaudeville "La dame de chez Maxim". The second act is located at the Aubriere and Feydeau often alludes to the Membrolle which he writes with one "l". Now,the play belongs to the repertoire of the Comédie-Française and it was performed for the first time on January the 17th of 1899 in the theatre of the Nouveautés in Paris.

The Aubriere and its 15 hectare park, with its hundred-year-old rare tree species, became hotel business in 1983.